Today's recipe: Sweet Potato Raise the Roof Lasagna
2017-08-17 11:22:56 UTC
While definitely not even close to a traditional lasagna, this plant-based pasta lasagna is a joy to look at and a pleasure to serve and eat with a group. The recipe is enough for two lasagna pans so I usually half it. The ingredients are also quite flexible and forgiving, for example, I don't use corn, and I usually sprinkle it with nutritional yeast over crushed cashews for a cheesy crust.

http://www.food.com/recipe/engine-2-raise-the-roof-sweet-potato-vegetarian-lasagna-362133

Cheers,
John
l***@fl.it
2017-08-17 11:52:23 UTC
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 04:22:56 -0700 (PDT), jvangurp
Post by jvangurp
While definitely not even close to a traditional lasagna, this plant-based pasta lasagna is a joy to look at and a pleasure to serve and eat with a group. The recipe is enough for two lasagna pans so I usually half it. The ingredients are also quite flexible and forgiving, for example, I don't use corn, and I usually sprinkle it with nutritional yeast over crushed cashews for a cheesy crust.
http://www.food.com/recipe/engine-2-raise-the-roof-sweet-potato-vegetarian-lasagna-362133
Cheers,
John
I'm not a picky eater but one thing I loathe and detest, sweet
potatoes :)
jvangurp
2017-08-17 14:51:37 UTC
Post by jvangurp
While definitely not even close to a traditional lasagna, this plant-based pasta lasagna is a joy to look at and a pleasure to serve and eat with a group. The recipe is enough for two lasagna pans so I usually half it. The ingredients are also quite flexible and forgiving, for example, I don't use corn, and I usually sprinkle it with nutritional yeast over crushed cashews for a cheesy crust.
http://www.food.com/recipe/engine-2-raise-the-roof-sweet-potato-vegetarian-lasagna-362133
Cheers,
John
I'm not a picky eater but one thing I loathe and detest, sweet
potatoes :)
No way... really? I've grown very fond of the stuff and it's as healthy as can be. Ha!

Here are some photos of the assembly process. The golden mushrooms are chantrelles picked on Big Tancook Island this week - yum!

https://goo.gl/photos/KsncFuhrZvvxiFY2A

John