Chromebook
2017-07-27 16:50:59 UTC
I just ordered an Asus C302 Chromebook as a little retirement gift to myself :-) These newer models will work offline apparently, and can access apps from the Google Play Store. Throw a micro SD in it and you have 182 gb storage which is more than enough for a few movies and music. All my docs and data and photos and music is on the cloud anyway. Looking forward to peeling the plastic off the screen... :-)
Cheers!
John
l***@fl.it
2017-07-27 19:01:15 UTC
You worried you might get bored ??
jvangurp
2017-07-29 02:16:06 UTC
In at my camp right now looking at the unfinished cathedral ceiling and trying to see how I'll start the insulation. No shortage of projects! There's 2 years of work just here! :-) boredom will not be a concern.
jvangurp
2017-08-01 13:22:40 UTC
In at my camp right now looking at the unfinished cathedral ceiling and trying to see how I'll start the insulation. No shortage of projects! There's 2 years of work just here! :-) boredom will not be a concern.
Back home now looking up at the gaps in the corner boards of my house where the old dried up failed caulking needs to be pulled out and redone. I have 4 ladders of different lengths and style in my garage, plus every scraper and painting tool known to man in a couple of large plastic storage bins. Again, no possible way to be bored. Not sure what it will be like in January though, but I do have two pair of nice new snowshoes in the basement, and a knapsack with a small stove and kettle for tea fixins.

CHEERS!
John