Dija see Cindy Day tonight?
Ian M.
2009-12-30 22:30:16 UTC
Nice dress, really nice hair - - - - - - - lookin' good! I knew she
could do it!
Rick Walker
2009-12-30 22:41:08 UTC
She looked... "glorious." :)
Jack
2009-12-30 22:51:47 UTC
yeah..I'm visualizing her black thong underneath!!! Yow-sir!!
Rick Walker
2009-12-30 23:15:39 UTC
She was wearing underwear? Not in my dreams, lol.
Rob
2009-12-30 23:31:51 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
She was wearing underwear? Not in my dreams, lol.
I think on a good day it looks like someone beat her with an ugly stick.
Eye of the beholder I guess.
Rick Walker
2009-12-30 23:43:04 UTC
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
demibee
2009-12-30 23:57:58 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.

In her case, less would be more.

db
JD
2009-12-31 00:13:33 UTC
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
db
I dunno... if you've seen her in real life, she has to apply it with a
cement trowel.
Brian Smith
2009-12-31 00:24:00 UTC
She always looks like a two dollar whore.
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 00:16:05 UTC
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
You're right, db. Sharp features require little (if any) added definition,
so she should back away from the make-up truck.
Donna Whitman
2009-12-31 01:27:46 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
You're right, db. Sharp features require little (if any) added definition,
so she should back away from the make-up truck.
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 01:34:06 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I'm pretty sure the staff does the make-up... but she's not an ugly woman at
all in my books either, Donna.

I wonder how old Cindy is? My guess would be late 40s.
crsflnnrt
2009-12-31 03:43:58 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by demibee
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..."  :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
You're right, db.  Sharp features require little (if any) added definition,
so she should back away from the make-up truck.
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I see her out walking her dog all the time and I think she is good
looking without the make up and in natural light. I can't understand
her being called ugly.
Al Smith
2009-12-31 04:38:00 UTC
Post by crsflnnrt
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by Rick Walker
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
You're right, db. Sharp features require little (if any) added definition,
so she should back away from the make-up truck.
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I see her out walking her dog all the time and I think she is good
looking without the make up and in natural light. I can't understand
her being called ugly.
People like to rag on public figures. It's nothing personal. If
Cindy ever sees these posts, she should just ignore them.

-Al-
Jack
2009-12-31 06:32:49 UTC
Post by crsflnnrt
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by Rick Walker
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
[...]
I hope she does Al.... "Cindy I think you're very sexy - my name is
Jack" - lol
Jack
2009-12-31 06:32:02 UTC
Post by crsflnnrt
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by Rick Walker
Post by demibee
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
She has prominent features, so a little makeup goes a long way on her
face.
In her case, less would be more.
You're right, db. Sharp features require little (if any) added definition,
so she should back away from the make-up truck.
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I see her out walking her dog all the time and I think she is good
looking without the make up and in natural light. I can't understand
her being called ugly.
Like I said, she's not "beautiful" in the pop culture kind of way..but
she a very sexy lady...
l***@fl.it
2009-12-31 12:43:32 UTC
Probably by males not nearly as far up on the scales in looks as well!
Donna Whitman
In looks, intelligence, stature in her field, etc.
Donna Whitman
2009-12-31 17:29:43 UTC
Post by crsflnnrt
Post by Donna Whitman
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I see her out walking her dog all the time and I think she is good
looking without the make up and in natural light. I can't understand
her being called ugly.
Me neither. I was thinking the entire problem was too much make-up
which may not be in her control. Even if it is, that hardly makes her
ugly. AFAIK, she is in her early 50's and a fine looking woman at that
age.
Jack
Donna, I think this is the the second time we agree...lol...Happy NY
Donna Whitman
2009-12-31 19:48:07 UTC
Post by crsflnnrt
Post by Donna Whitman
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
I see her out walking her dog all the time and I think she is good
looking without the make up and in natural light. I can't understand
her being called ugly.
Me neither. I was thinking the entire problem was too much make-up
which may not be in her control. Even if it is, that hardly makes her
ugly. AFAIK, she is in her early 50's and a fine looking woman at that
age.
Donna, I think this is the the second time we agree...lol...Happy NY
Wait a minute The world isn't supposed to come to an end until 2012.
:-)

Happy NY to you and yours too.
l***@fl.it
2009-12-31 12:19:56 UTC
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:27:46 -0400, Donna Whitman
Post by Donna Whitman
Do they actually apply their own make-up or do they have staff that do
that? I'm not seeing this ugly thing about Cindy Day. The make-up's
laid on pretty thick but I see an average or even attractive woman who
would probably look even better with less make-up.
Who knows - I have always thought the clothing at Dead at Five was
chosen by someone with no clothes sense whatsoever, too fussy and
usually bad colours.

I just think all the personal remarks made about Cindy Day by people
who presumably are the most desirable male hulks you could want are in
very poor taste, kindergarten level. Especially since we know some
of the males commenting are real dogs!
demibee
2009-12-31 14:02:04 UTC
I just think all the personal remarks made about Cindy Day by people who
presumably are the most desirable male hulks you could want are in very
poor taste, kindergarten level. Especially since we know some of the
males commenting are real dogs!
Cindy's attractive... not my type, but attractive (physically, she reminds
me of a close friend I've known all my life, and the idea of sexual
attraction toward her is a bit awkward ;)

But, in all fairness, we guys aim well out of our leagues... much as women
drool over Brad Pitt and the like.

db
l***@fl.it
2009-12-31 14:11:05 UTC
Post by demibee
I just think all the personal remarks made about Cindy Day by people who
presumably are the most desirable male hulks you could want are in very
poor taste, kindergarten level. Especially since we know some of the
males commenting are real dogs!
Cindy's attractive... not my type, but attractive (physically, she reminds
me of a close friend I've known all my life, and the idea of sexual
attraction toward her is a bit awkward ;)
But, in all fairness, we guys aim well out of our leagues... much as women
drool over Brad Pitt and the like.
db
But when the person is well out of their league it's not attractive to
slice her down on her clothes, her makeup, her age etc. Just cruel.
If the ones concerned were poster boys themselves, then it might be
different.
dodger
2009-12-31 14:31:01 UTC
Post by demibee
I just think all the personal remarks made about Cindy Day by people who
presumably are the most desirable male hulks you could want are in very
poor taste, kindergarten level.    Especially since we know some of the
males commenting are real dogs!
Cindy's attractive... not my type, but attractive (physically, she reminds
me of a close friend I've known all my life, and the idea of sexual
attraction toward her is a bit awkward ;)
But, in all fairness, we guys aim well out of our leagues... much as women
drool over Brad Pitt and the like.
db
But when the person is well out of their league it's not attractive to
slice her down on her clothes, her makeup, her age etc.  Just cruel.
If the ones concerned were poster boys themselves, then it might be
different.- Hide quoted text -
Quite true how many of us seem to see ourselves as qualified to "rate"
a woman's appearance when we, ourselves, could well be a "two" or so
on that mythical one to 10 scale. Personally, for what its worth, I
find Cindy to be an attractive and seemingly very nice woman. I do not
sense the arrogance that some "stars" seem to possess. My only
complaint is I WISH
she would get off her "I LOVE SNOW kicks...because I hate the damn
stuff.....And, yes, she looked tremendous last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 14:39:57 UTC
"dodger" wrote:

Quite true how many of us seem to see ourselves as qualified to "rate"
a woman's appearance when we, ourselves, could well be a "two" or so
on that mythical one to 10 scale. Personally, for what its worth, I
find Cindy to be an attractive and seemingly very nice woman. I do not
sense the arrogance that some "stars" seem to possess. My only
complaint is I WISH
she would get off her "I LOVE SNOW kicks...because I hate the damn
stuff.....And, yes, she looked tremendous last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

That bugs me too, dodger. But so does non-stop use of the word "glorious"
to describe a nice day in the summer. She looked "mahvellous" last night in
black, I agree, and my wife's met her in person - she's very even-keeled,
not "head in the clouds I'm a star" sort of thing; Peter Coade's a good
forecaster too, but I tend to stay away from CBC at suppertime now.
Jack
Only at suppertime? You poor bugger
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 19:50:38 UTC
Post by Jack
Post by dodger
sort of thing; Peter Coade's a good forecaster too, but I tend to stay
away from CBC at suppertime now.
Only at suppertime? You poor bugger
There aren't too many things I watch on CBC, Jack. I'll check out their
National News at 10:00 for a bit each night, my wife likes Being Erica (LOL)
and Coronation Street, but if it disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't miss a
thing.

The reason I mentioned suppertime is because of the dog and pony show they
have on from 5- 6:30 each night. If I'm not mistaken there used to be a
newscast there, right? lol
Jack
yep and tat is the "local tv" the broadcasters are whining about
Brian Smith
2009-12-31 22:47:44 UTC
Post by Jack
yep and tat is the "local tv" the broadcasters are whining about
We don't have *local* newscasts in this area. It's all about New
Brunswick. :^(
Jack
2010-01-01 03:18:45 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Jack
yep and tat is the "local tv" the broadcasters are whining about
We don't have *local* newscasts in this area. It's all about New
Brunswick. :^(
ATV aka CTV Atlantic is NOT a HFX station, nor does it claim to be,
hence the name. I think they do a pretty good at covering ALL 3
provinces, considering..
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 03:23:55 UTC
Post by Jack
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Jack
yep and tat is the "local tv" the broadcasters are whining about
We don't have *local* newscasts in this area. It's all about New
Brunswick. :^(
ATV aka CTV Atlantic is NOT a HFX station, nor does it claim to be,
hence the name. I think they do a pretty good at covering ALL 3
provinces, considering..
Maritime Provinces = Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick (3)
Atlantic Provinces - Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland (4)

It's a wonder NF doesn't complain. :-)
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 13:29:49 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Maritime Provinces = Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick (3)
Atlantic Provinces - Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland (4)
It's a wonder NF doesn't complain. :-)
Maybe they do, but they aren't yelling loudly enough to be heard across
the Strait. :^)
JD
2010-01-01 13:43:53 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Donna Whitman
Maritime Provinces = Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick (3)
Atlantic Provinces - Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland (4)
It's a wonder NF doesn't complain. :-)
Maybe they do, but they aren't yelling loudly enough to be heard across
the Strait. :^)
They might be, but since there are very few foreign speakers of Newfanese,
we just don't understand.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 14:59:09 UTC
Post by JD
They might be, but since there are very few foreign speakers of
Newfanese, we just don't understand.
In some cases, one does require a translator when attempting to
converse with rock people.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 15:45:47 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 10:59:09 -0400, Brian Smith
Post by Brian Smith
Post by JD
They might be, but since there are very few foreign speakers of
Newfanese, we just don't understand.
In some cases, one does require a translator when attempting to
converse with rock people.
I remember a friend who was then newly arrived to Halifax from the
Rock told me she was knitting beers. I let her chat on, found they
were intended for her granddaughters and eventually figured out she
was knitting teddy bears.

She truly doesn't understand how people know right away she is a
Newfoundlander, she always says 'ye' as opposed to 'you', in some ways
rather like hearing very old English spoken.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 15:49:56 UTC
I remember a friend who was then newly arrived to Halifax from the
Rock told me she was knitting beers. I let her chat on, found they
were intended for her granddaughters and eventually figured out she
was knitting teddy bears.
I don't believe I have ever seen a knitted Teddy Bear.
I suppose, in a warped fashion it would almost sound like Old English.
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 16:03:04 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:49:56 -0400, Brian Smith
Post by Brian Smith
Post by l***@fl.it
I remember a friend who was then newly arrived to Halifax from the
Rock told me she was knitting beers. I let her chat on, found they
were intended for her granddaughters and eventually figured out she
was knitting teddy bears.
I don't believe I have ever seen a knitted Teddy Bear.
I have a book of various patterns for them. Every now and then I think
there may be money in making and selling them. They're pretty cute.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 16:43:21 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
I have a book of various patterns for them. Every now and then I think
there may be money in making and selling them. They're pretty cute.
If the cost of production (time and materials) doesn't exceed the
bottom line, it could be profitable. It would certainly fill up your
retirement time well, lol. :^)
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 18:53:13 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:43:21 -0400, Brian Smith
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Donna Whitman
I have a book of various patterns for them. Every now and then I think
there may be money in making and selling them. They're pretty cute.
If the cost of production (time and materials) doesn't exceed the
bottom line, it could be profitable. It would certainly fill up your
retirement time well, lol. :^)
Hobbyists don't even make minimum wage. I enjoy knitting so it could
subsidize my hobby as well as give me a small amount of extra cash.
It would probably cost about $5-6 dollars to make a bear that one
could sell for 4-5 times that.

Right now, I'm into knitting hats to give to a charity that works with
homeless folks but I might try out a bear or two just to see how long
they take to put together.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 19:43:29 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Donna Whitman
I have a book of various patterns for them. Every now and then I think
there may be money in making and selling them. They're pretty cute.
If the cost of production (time and materials) doesn't exceed the
bottom line, it could be profitable. It would certainly fill up your
retirement time well, lol. :^)
Hobbyists don't even make minimum wage. I enjoy knitting so it could
subsidize my hobby as well as give me a small amount of extra cash.
It would probably cost about $5-6 dollars to make a bear that one
could sell for 4-5 times that.
Right now, I'm into knitting hats to give to a charity that works with
homeless folks but I might try out a bear or two just to see how long
they take to put together.
It's rare that anyone will pay what handwork is really worth. I gave
up going to craft fairs because you could stand near someone looking
at a beautiful quilt, lovely stitching, great colourways etc and that
person would be bitching about the price.

The bears that do make great prices are the ones people make from old
fur coats, I have seen how it is done but never intend to do it :)
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 22:20:46 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Hobbyists don't even make minimum wage. I enjoy knitting so it could
subsidize my hobby as well as give me a small amount of extra cash.
It would probably cost about $5-6 dollars to make a bear that one
could sell for 4-5 times that.
Right now, I'm into knitting hats to give to a charity that works with
homeless folks but I might try out a bear or two just to see how long
they take to put together.
It's rare that anyone will pay what handwork is really worth. I gave
up going to craft fairs because you could stand near someone looking
at a beautiful quilt, lovely stitching, great colourways etc and that
person would be bitching about the price.
The bears that do make great prices are the ones people make from old
fur coats, I have seen how it is done but never intend to do it :)
It's the love of the craft that keeps hobbyists going. Always nice if
you can at least recover the cost of materials for your "habit" and
maybe even some to spare but it's not a way to earn a living unless
you devote a LOT of time to it and have lightening fingers for
knitting.

I toyed with the idea of making bears out of a fur coat that I had
from 30+ years ago but figured no one would want to buy them so ended
up giving it to Value Village.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 23:27:26 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:20:46 -0400, Donna Whitman
Post by Donna Whitman
It's the love of the craft that keeps hobbyists going. Always nice if
you can at least recover the cost of materials for your "habit" and
maybe even some to spare but it's not a way to earn a living unless
you devote a LOT of time to it and have lightening fingers for
knitting.
I toyed with the idea of making bears out of a fur coat that I had
from 30+ years ago but figured no one would want to buy them so ended
up giving it to Value Village.
The woman I know who does it, buys her fur coats from VV. She was
saying you can plan on one medium sized bear per jacket.
Donna Whitman
2010-01-02 01:28:25 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
It's the love of the craft that keeps hobbyists going. Always nice if
you can at least recover the cost of materials for your "habit" and
maybe even some to spare but it's not a way to earn a living unless
you devote a LOT of time to it and have lightening fingers for
knitting.
I toyed with the idea of making bears out of a fur coat that I had
from 30+ years ago but figured no one would want to buy them so ended
up giving it to Value Village.
The woman I know who does it, buys her fur coats from VV. She was
saying you can plan on one medium sized bear per jacket.
She must be VERY creative to be able to take a jacket and end up with
a teddy bear.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-02 13:09:18 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:28:25 -0400, Donna Whitman
Post by Donna Whitman
She must be VERY creative to be able to take a jacket and end up with
a teddy bear.
She is - 90 now and she has made bears for all her grandchildren and
greatgrandchildren, a nice legacy. She also does rug hooking,
knitting, all types of embroidery, way back when she was one of the
group of us who attended the Royal School of Needlework at Hampton
Court.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 20:27:08 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Hobbyists don't even make minimum wage. I enjoy knitting so it could
subsidize my hobby as well as give me a small amount of extra cash.
It would probably cost about $5-6 dollars to make a bear that one
could sell for 4-5 times that.
That's a good return on your money.
Time is the big investment. Let me know how you make out.
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 22:24:20 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:27:08 -0400, Brian Smith
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Donna Whitman
Hobbyists don't even make minimum wage. I enjoy knitting so it could
subsidize my hobby as well as give me a small amount of extra cash.
It would probably cost about $5-6 dollars to make a bear that one
could sell for 4-5 times that.
That's a good return on your money.
Not when you factor in the hours of time it takes to knit the bear,
stuff the parts and sew it all together. For me, it's more a matter of
finding a way to fund my "addiction".
Post by Brian Smith
Post by Donna Whitman
Right now, I'm into knitting hats to give to a charity that works with
homeless folks but I might try out a bear or two just to see how long
they take to put together.
Time is the big investment. Let me know how you make out.
I may try a Mr. Bean bear and another cute bear pattern I have. A
faster knitter would undoubtedly take a lot less time than I would. I
started a hat this morning and have taken 2-3 hours just to get past
the brim.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 22:28:31 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Not when you factor in the hours of time it takes to knit the bear,
stuff the parts and sew it all together. For me, it's more a matter of
finding a way to fund my "addiction".
But, as you pointed out, you do it for enjoyment not reward. That's why
It must be difficult to knot while "talking" on a newsgroup. ;^)
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 22:32:30 UTC
It must be difficult to knot while "talking" on a newsgroup. ;^)
That obviously should have been *knit* although knitting involves
knotting at some point.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 16:48:27 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by l***@fl.it
I remember a friend who was then newly arrived to Halifax from the
Rock told me she was knitting beers. I let her chat on, found they
were intended for her granddaughters and eventually figured out she
was knitting teddy bears.
I don't believe I have ever seen a knitted Teddy Bear.
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 16:51:31 UTC
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
Did you mean Mr. Bean? That's scary, a bear that is that stunned,
albeit hilarious. LOL!
JD
2010-01-01 18:48:44 UTC
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
Did you mean Mr. Bean? That's scary, a bear that is that stunned, albeit
hilarious. LOL!
They say it takes someone very intelligent to play a fool. Rowan Atkinson,
who plays Mr Bean, has a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, and his
brother has a Masters degree in Economics. I guess that's why he plays such
a great buffoon.
Brian Smith
He is very good at what he does, JD.
JD
2010-01-01 20:38:52 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by JD
They say it takes someone very intelligent to play a fool. Rowan
Atkinson, who plays Mr Bean, has a Masters degree in Electrical
Engineering, and his brother has a Masters degree in Economics. I guess
that's why he plays such a great buffoon.
He is very good at what he does, JD.
Agreed. I like all of his stuff; the Black Adder is just as good as Mr
Bean.
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 18:55:03 UTC
Post by Brian Smith
Post by l***@fl.it
I remember a friend who was then newly arrived to Halifax from the
Rock told me she was knitting beers. I let her chat on, found they
were intended for her granddaughters and eventually figured out she
was knitting teddy bears.
I don't believe I have ever seen a knitted Teddy Bear.
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
OMG! I bought one of those years ago and absolutely love it. If you
happen to have a pattern for it, I would love to borrow it long enough
to scan.
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by Brian Smith
Post by l***@fl.it
She truly doesn't understand how people know right away she is a
Newfoundlander, she always says 'ye' as opposed to 'you', in some ways
rather like hearing very old English spoken.
I suppose, in a warped fashion it would almost sound like Old English.
There is a lot of Irish heritage in Newfoundland so I suspect many
folks talk like their Irish ancestors.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 19:40:28 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:55:03 -0400, Donna Whitman
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by l***@fl.it
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
Afraid I just took some dark brown yarn and started - took about three
tries. Remember it was knitted in garter stitch and very basic.
Getting the face to look like Mr Beans bear, was the tricky part but
once the eyes etc went in, he certainly thought he had Mr. Beans bear!
Donna Whitman
2010-01-01 22:17:56 UTC
Post by Donna Whitman
Post by l***@fl.it
I had to knit one just like Mr. Beans, for a grandchild. They are
very common.
OMG! I bought one of those years ago and absolutely love it. If you
happen to have a pattern for it, I would love to borrow it long enough
to scan.
Afraid I just took some dark brown yarn and started - took about three
tries. Remember it was knitted in garter stitch and very basic.
Getting the face to look like Mr Beans bear, was the tricky part but
once the eyes etc went in, he certainly thought he had Mr. Beans bear!
I Googled "Mr. Bean bear pattern and found this:

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/toys/beanbear.htm

I may make a couple although only folks who are familiar with the
character would really be interested in one.

That reminds me, I haven't yet watched his Christmas special and
always do at least once per season.
l***@fl.it
2010-01-01 23:36:19 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:17:56 -0400, Donna Whitman
Post by Donna Whitman
http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/toys/beanbear.htm
I may make a couple although only folks who are familiar with the
character would really be interested in one.
That reminds me, I haven't yet watched his Christmas special and
always do at least once per season.
His face needs to be more round than that I feel. Otherwise, pretty
much what I ended up with.
Jack
Send a Caper along...or a valley guy...lol
Brian Smith
2010-01-01 13:29:03 UTC
Post by Jack
ATV aka CTV Atlantic is NOT a HFX station, nor does it claim to be,
hence the name. I think they do a pretty good at covering ALL 3
provinces, considering..
As they don't cover many local (local to me would be anything within
the boundaries of the Greater Halifax Metropolitan Area) issues here,
they should stop their crap about wanting to preserve *local* television.
Rob
2010-01-01 14:20:26 UTC
The pathetic little world of narrow minded Tubby Smith.
Rick Walker
2010-01-01 14:44:52 UTC
Post by Rob
Post by Brian Smith
As they don't cover many local (local to me would be anything within
the boundaries of the Greater Halifax Metropolitan Area) issues here,
they should stop their crap about wanting to preserve *local* television.
The pathetic little world of narrow minded Tubby Smith.
If news happens locally it's reported - if it doesn't, it's reported from
wherever it happens in the Maritimes.

It's always been that way to my recollection, Rob.
Rob
2010-01-01 15:42:10 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Post by Rob
Post by Brian Smith
As they don't cover many local (local to me would be anything
within the boundaries of the Greater Halifax Metropolitan Area)
issues here, they should stop their crap about wanting to preserve
*local* television.
The pathetic little world of narrow minded Tubby Smith.
If news happens locally it's reported - if it doesn't, it's reported
from wherever it happens in the Maritimes.
It's always been that way to my recollection, Rob.
And hopefully always will be, Rick, despite what Tubby Smith feels. BTW,
there is a reason CTV Atlantic doesn't report on Newfoundland, call it
bad blood. The Newfs once again refused to be fucked over by outsiders.
Rick Walker
2010-01-01 16:05:09 UTC
Post by Rob
Post by Rick Walker
If news happens locally it's reported - if it doesn't, it's reported from
wherever it happens in the Maritimes.
It's always been that way to my recollection, Rob.
And hopefully always will be, Rick, despite what Tubby Smith feels. BTW,
there is a reason CTV Atlantic doesn't report on Newfoundland, call it bad
blood. The Newfs once again refused to be fucked over by outsiders.
Well, I don't have anything against Newfoundlanders. I lived there for a
bit, and found them to be friendly and hospitable. Of course, we're
supposedly the same way here... depending upon who you're speaking to, I
guess.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Rob!
Rob
2010-01-01 17:58:27 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Well, I don't have anything against Newfoundlanders. I lived there for
a bit, and found them to be friendly and hospitable. Of course, we're
supposedly the same way here... depending upon who you're speaking to, I
guess.
I've been in every province in Canada but Newfoundland. I suspect it is
like the rest of eastern Canada, with a different accent.
So far so good, Rick. Back at ya.
Jack
2010-01-02 02:20:33 UTC
Post by Rob
Post by Rick Walker
Post by Rob
Post by Brian Smith
As they don't cover many local (local to me would be anything
within the boundaries of the Greater Halifax Metropolitan Area)
issues here, they should stop their crap about wanting to preserve
*local* television.
The pathetic little world of narrow minded Tubby Smith.
If news happens locally it's reported - if it doesn't, it's reported
from wherever it happens in the Maritimes.
It's always been that way to my recollection, Rob.
And hopefully always will be, Rick, despite what Tubby Smith feels. BTW,
there is a reason CTV Atlantic doesn't report on Newfoundland, call it
bad blood. The Newfs once again refused to be fucked over by outsiders.
If only it were taht simple...they have NTV which is a CTV part-time
affiliate
Rob
2010-01-02 03:02:19 UTC
Post by Jack
If only it were taht simple...they have NTV which is a CTV part-time
affiliate
It is taht simple. You still won't see CTV report anything Newfoundland,
unless one of the other Atlantic provinces are directly involved.
Ice Age
2010-01-02 03:11:32 UTC
Post by Rob
And hopefully always will be, Rick, despite what Tubby Smith feels. BTW,
there is a reason CTV Atlantic doesn't report on Newfoundland, call it
bad blood. The Newfs once again refused to be fucked over by outsiders.
Do your marital problems have a Newfoundland connection? Did you
lose your job in the fishing industry to someone in Atlantic Canada?

Ice!
Jack
Yep..thats the way it works...
Ice Age
2010-01-02 03:09:09 UTC
Post by Rob
The pathetic little world of narrow minded Tubby Smith.
Somewhat analogous to the pathetic little world of "Rob" who vents
his marital and financial linked problems on USENET by insulting others.

Ice!
Jack
That whole thing is "marketing"...or propaganda if you will
Brian Smith
2010-01-02 13:48:15 UTC
Post by Jack
That whole thing is "marketing"...or propaganda if you will
It's an effort to scam more money out of the consumer's pockets, that's
all.

Rick Walker
2009-12-31 23:13:27 UTC
Local Yokels... what a freaking disaster. And I thought Jim Nunn was bad.
l***@fl.it
Lol, I can agree with that, anything but snow !
Rick Walker
"If it happens to a guy, Cindy Day knows why!" ;)
Rob
2009-12-31 20:05:55 UTC
I just think all the personal remarks made about Cindy Day by people
who presumably are the most desirable male hulks you could want are in
very poor taste, kindergarten level. Especially since we know some
of the males commenting are real dogs!
Odd is that, I think she is *very* unattractive, but don't consider
myself to be a poster boy by any stretch.
Justin Cyder
It's not make up she needs,it's a double bagged head.
JD
2009-12-31 00:12:44 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Post by Rob
I think on a good day it looks like someone beat her with an ugly stick.
Eye of the beholder I guess.
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
That's the problem; if your fantasies take you there, you'd have to get
close. She has a pretty good chassis; too bad about the grill.
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 00:21:42 UTC
Post by JD
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
That's the problem; if your fantasies take you there, you'd have to get
close. She has a pretty good chassis; too bad about the grill.
Dim the lights, remove my glasses... another position... I can still make
that fantasy happen, JD.
Justin Cyder
True, beauty is only 12 beers and a light switch away....
JD

*** and, sometimes, two bags.
demibee
2009-12-31 00:39:32 UTC
Post by Justin Cyder
True, beauty is only 12 beers and a light switch away....
"And my very close companion gets me fumbling, gets me laughing;
She's a hundred, but she's wearing something tight!"
-Leonard Cohen - "Closing Time"

db
Best
2009-12-31 01:15:48 UTC
Post by demibee
Post by Justin Cyder
True, beauty is only 12 beers and a light switch away....
"And my very close companion gets me fumbling, gets me laughing;
She's a hundred, but she's wearing something tight!"
-Leonard Cohen - "Closing Time"
*The old "I came home at 2 with a 10, and woke up at 10 with a
2....................."
John
Beauty is in the thighs of the bedholder, or something like that.
Rob
2009-12-31 20:08:52 UTC
Post by Rick Walker
Some close-ups scare me a bit, but "from a distance..." :-)
I hope you have a long one then. Hey, just because you're on a diet
doesn't mean you can't read the menu. Right? Just no taste testing.
kozmo
2009-12-30 23:47:36 UTC
Post by Rob
She was wearing underwear?  Not in my dreams, lol.
I think on a good day it looks like someone beat her with an ugly stick.
Eye of the beholder I guess.
like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way
down.
Ian M.
Except tonight, she revved up my engine!
Jack
2009-12-31 02:01:38 UTC
Post by Ian M.
Post by kozmo
Post by Rob
Post by Rick Walker
She was wearing underwear? Not in my dreams, lol.
I think on a good day it looks like someone beat her with an ugly stick.
Eye of the beholder I guess.
like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way
down.
Except tonight, she revved up my engine!
yes...there's something definitely SEXY about her..she's not
beautiful..sex yes...horny looking lol...better stop now...lol
Al Smith
2009-12-31 03:08:41 UTC
Post by Jack
Post by Ian M.
Post by kozmo
Post by Rob
She was wearing underwear? Not in my dreams, lol.
I think on a good day it looks like someone beat her with an ugly stick.
Eye of the beholder I guess.
like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way
down.
Except tonight, she revved up my engine!
yes...there's something definitely SEXY about her..she's not
beautiful..sex yes...horny looking lol...better stop now...lol
Nothing wrong with horny-looking in a woman.

-Al-
demibee
2009-12-31 07:09:17 UTC
Post by Jack
yes...there's something definitely SEXY about her..she's not
beautiful..sex yes...horny looking lol...better stop now...lol
Nahlah Ayed does it for me! Cute face... and there's something about that
slightly off-centre ^-shaped upper lip.

Plus, there's Wendy Mesley (pretty eyes)... and Reshmi Nair! (on Mark
Kelley's show).

And CNN is practically a porn fest! :) I think Robin Meade is actually a
CGI character, she's so flawless... possibly inspired by the Yasmin Bratz
doll ;)

Look...

It's her!

db
l***@fl.it
2009-12-31 12:56:01 UTC
Post by demibee
Post by Jack
yes...there's something definitely SEXY about her..she's not
beautiful..sex yes...horny looking lol...better stop now...lol
Nahlah Ayed does it for me! Cute face... and there's something about that
slightly off-centre ^-shaped upper lip.
She really has great looks - I noticed her on the National a couple of
days ago and it's as if she has matured from girl to woman while we
watched.
<http://members.shaw.ca/vancouverbroadcasters3/nair_r2.jpg>
db
Rick Walker
2009-12-31 14:42:20 UTC
Post by demibee
And CNN is practically a porn fest! :) I think Robin Meade is actually a
CGI character, she's so flawless... possibly inspired by the Yasmin Bratz
doll ;)
Look...
<http://www.justdressup.com/content/icons/yasmin-bratz-dress-up-icon-1.jpg>
It's her!
Grrr... I like those ladies at HLN, db! Christi Paul's easy on the eyes
too. And Richelle Carey, as you've mentioned before.
dodger
2009-12-31 14:47:39 UTC
And CNN is practically a porn fest! :)  I think Robin Meade is actually a
CGI character, she's so flawless... possibly inspired by the Yasmin Bratz
doll ;)
Look...
<http://www.justdressup.com/content/icons/yasmin-bratz-dress-up-icon-1...>
It's her!
Grrr... I like those ladies at HLN, db!  Christi Paul's easy on the eyes
too.  And Richelle Carey, as you've mentioned before.
A LOT of good looking women in television..that's for sure
and..without predjudice..I must say it looks like women are taking
over TV as it were. Look at the NEW CBC Newsworld rotation,.,. all
women all day. Two of the three major old time U.S. networks now have
women in the prime time news anchor chairs.
Jack
CBC IS the new Women's tv. That's been going on for quite a while.
JD

*** Or she has been poked by too many ugly sticks.
Rob
2009-12-31 20:09:30 UTC
Tall tree.
Jack
2009-12-31 02:00:19 UTC
Bite your frickin tongue!!
Rob
2009-12-31 20:07:21 UTC
Sorry Jack. Fill your boots, go for it my man.
G***@notbig.ik
2009-12-31 02:55:51 UTC
Why? Is it making your cletus even bigger?
Jack
2009-12-31 06:31:09 UTC
Post by G***@notbig.ik
Post by Jack
yes...there's something definitely SEXY about her..she's not
beautiful..sex yes...horny looking lol...better stop now...lol
Why? Is it making your cletus even bigger?
lol...you got esp??