Pagans in Halifax
2017-11-04 12:08:28 UTC
Well, I've managed to get myself connected to the local Pagan community as their drumming guy and I can tell you it's one heck of a lot of fun. A lot more interesting than working with any of the mainstream religions or charities, etc, that's for sure. Tonight I'm playing an Afro-Brazilian fusion set with 3 friends at a Witch's Ball, with DJs, another band, a burlesque set and a full-on Pagan Baachus ritual. Retirement is certainly not boring.

Cheers!
John
l***@fl.it
2017-11-04 13:54:02 UTC
Well, I've managed to get myself connected to the local Pagan community as their drumming guy and I can tell you it's one heck of a lot of fun. A lot more interesting than working with any of the mainstream religions or charities, etc, that's for sure. Tonight I'm playing an Afro-Brazilian fusion set with 3 friends at a Witch's Ball, with DJs, another band, a burlesque set and a full-on Pagan Baachus ritual. Retirement is certainly not boring.
Cheers!
John
So long as you don't start trying to convert us to paganism, that's
okay :)
jvangurp
Yeah no worries there. I don't actually believe in anything spiritual or spooky at all. Just in it for the drumming and the fun :-)
HRM Resident
2017-11-04 18:28:45 UTC
Well, I've managed to get myself connected to the local Pagan community as their drumming guy and I can tell you it's one heck of a lot of fun. A lot more interesting than working with any of the mainstream religions or charities, etc, that's for sure. Tonight I'm playing an Afro-Brazilian fusion set with 3 friends at a Witch's Ball, with DJs, another band, a burlesque set and a full-on Pagan Baachus ritual. Retirement is certainly not boring.
Cheers!
John
So long as you don't start trying to convert us to paganism, that's
okay :)
Aw, come on! J-V-G is a revolutionary. He might well be on to
something here. I have managed to get candles to burn upside down last
night, and I'm going to make a bonfire on 19 December to honour Rudolph
Hess and Joseph Goebbels. Hail Rudolph!
2017-11-04 19:10:10 UTC
On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 15:28:45 -0300, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Well, I've managed to get myself connected to the local Pagan community as their drumming guy and I can tell you it's one heck of a lot of fun. A lot more interesting than working with any of the mainstream religions or charities, etc, that's for sure. Tonight I'm playing an Afro-Brazilian fusion set with 3 friends at a Witch's Ball, with DJs, another band, a burlesque set and a full-on Pagan Baachus ritual. Retirement is certainly not boring.
Cheers!
John
So long as you don't start trying to convert us to paganism, that's
okay :)
Aw, come on! J-V-G is a revolutionary. He might well be on to
something here. I have managed to get candles to burn upside down last
night, and I'm going to make a bonfire on 19 December to honour Rudolph
Hess and Joseph Goebbels. Hail Rudolph!
Here I thought you meant the red-nosed reindeer, patsy of the
capitalists like Trump :)
jvangurp
2017-11-05 00:34:12 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
Well... the burlesque act has dropped out. I guess the DJ can push "play" for another 30 minutes or whatever. My band has 30 minutes of material, so we would be hard-pressed to carry on longer. No nekkidness too!

Cheers,
Mungo Johnny
Mike Spencer
2017-11-05 01:00:38 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Aw, come on! J-V-G is a revolutionary. He might well be on to
something here. I have managed to get candles to burn upside
down...
Now there's a trick. Kaltes Feuer? Disable gravity?
Post by HRM Resident
...last night, and I'm going to make a bonfire on 19 December to
honour Rudolph Hess and Joseph Goebbels. Hail Rudolph!
Um, I don't think dead Aryan Nazis fit in the pagan pantheon. If
you want a bonfire, well, tomorrow is Guy Fawkes Day, y'know. Penny
for the old Guy...

As usual, we made a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for
Hallowe'en and no little vermin^H^H^H^H^H^H kiddies came so we hadda
eat them all ourselves. We have a big brush pile awaiting burning but
the woods are still too dry so maybe just a fire in the kitchen range
and brownies tomorrow night.
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
l***@fl.it
2017-11-05 11:55:19 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
...last night, and I'm going to make a bonfire on 19 December to
honour Rudolph Hess and Joseph Goebbels. Hail Rudolph!
Um, I don't think dead Aryan Nazis fit in the pagan pantheon. If
you want a bonfire, well, tomorrow is Guy Fawkes Day, y'know. Penny
for the old Guy...
As usual, we made a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for
Hallowe'en and no little vermin^H^H^H^H^H^H kiddies came so we hadda
eat them all ourselves. We have a big brush pile awaiting burning but
the woods are still too dry so maybe just a fire in the kitchen range
and brownies tomorrow night.
Chant from my childhood -

Guy, Guy, Guy
Poke him in the eye