Sailors Memorial
2017-11-11 18:33:07 UTC
I was down there today for the service - slightly better this year
than some, fewer kids running loose even during the silence but more
dogs whining to have at other dogs :( Bloody cold, we've become soft
after such a balmy fall.

I noticed a flag down there I haven't seen before and can't identify.
Bright yellow, with a black mushroom shape in the centre with a bright
yellow circle within that with the maple leaf. Anyone recognise it?

Looking from the sea at the memorial there is some new green growth
behind starting to cover the bald patches left by Juan.

r***@gmail.com
2017-11-12 02:55:28 UTC
I was down there today for the service - slightly better this year
than some, fewer kids running loose even during the silence but more
dogs whining to have at other dogs :( Bloody cold, we've become soft
after such a balmy fall.
I noticed a flag down there I haven't seen before and can't identify.
Bright yellow, with a black mushroom shape in the centre with a bright
yellow circle within that with the maple leaf. Anyone recognise it?
Looking from the sea at the memorial there is some new green growth
behind starting to cover the bald patches left by Juan.
https://s17.postimg.org/7ua8l0v67/sailors_memorial_nov_11_2017.jpg
May be...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag
l***@fl.it
2017-11-12 12:21:29 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by l***@fl.it
I was down there today for the service - slightly better this year
than some, fewer kids running loose even during the silence but more
dogs whining to have at other dogs :( Bloody cold, we've become soft
after such a balmy fall.
I noticed a flag down there I haven't seen before and can't identify.
Bright yellow, with a black mushroom shape in the centre with a bright
yellow circle within that with the maple leaf. Anyone recognise it?
Looking from the sea at the memorial there is some new green growth
behind starting to cover the bald patches left by Juan.
https://s17.postimg.org/7ua8l0v67/sailors_memorial_nov_11_2017.jpg
May be...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag
It definitely didn't have a snake, it was more like the black
silhouette of a mushroom. Whoever was holding it stood right at the
front, but was not part of the cadets. They did not lower it when the
other flags were lowered.
HRM Resident
2017-11-12 13:06:46 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by l***@fl.it
[...]
The flag above (Gadsden) was designed during the US civil war.
It's been used by Libertarians and the Tea Party movement in recent
years in the states. It's 100% a US symbol. I highly doubt anyone
would bring it to a Canadian Remembrance Day service. So the search
continues . . .
2017-11-12 13:22:26 UTC
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:06:46 -0400, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@fl.it
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by l***@fl.it
[...]
You can see it in the pic, I took a burst shot hoping one would catch
it when it was clear, but it didn't :(
HRM Resident
2017-11-12 15:20:43 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@fl.it
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by l***@fl.it
[...]
Not sure . . . the resolution of the picture isn't good enough to
zoom in . . . all I see are a few pixels at full zoom. It's definitely
not a Gadsen, but I can't say what it is. I expect someone will come up
with an answer.
2017-11-12 22:46:50 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@fl.it
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by l***@fl.it
[...]
Okay, here it is lol
http://www.girlguides.ca/web/uploads/File/shopping/Catalogue0809-flags.pdf

it's the Brownie flag, no conspiracy by white supremacists :)

Wayne Hines
2017-11-12 22:41:44 UTC
I was down there today for the service - slightly better this year than
some, fewer kids running loose even during the silence but more dogs
whining to have at other dogs :( Bloody cold, we've become soft after
such a balmy fall.
I noticed a flag down there I haven't seen before and can't identify.
Bright yellow, with a black mushroom shape in the centre with a bright
yellow circle within that with the maple leaf. Anyone recognise it?
Looking from the sea at the memorial there is some new green growth
behind starting to cover the bald patches left by Juan.
https://s17.postimg.org/7ua8l0v67/sailors_memorial_nov_11_2017.jpg
Sounds like it might be some sort of anti-nuke flag.

gwh
--
I used to care but things have changed.