Happy 99th birthday to my tante Wil!
2017-11-07 13:49:53 UTC
“Young people need to know the value of freedom”

Happy 99th birthday to this grand old lady, my Tante Willy, one of the few remaining survivors of Dachau and Ravensbruk concentration camps. Tough and determined, she remains sharp and engaged. Gefeliciteered!
The Youtube interview here is in Dutch and someday maybe we'll have a translation to English. I can understand most of it as she speaks very clearly and properly, and while she holds her head up, she begins to show visible emotions in talking about the ride in a cattle car to Ravensbruk and how the prisoners fought like animals in a park for the pieces of bread the new arrivals threw over the fence to starving women.

How do we pass on the message about intolerance to the anti-immigration and people with racist leanings today? Not sure anyone knows the answer.

l***@fl.it
2017-11-07 13:58:28 UTC
“Young people need to know the value of freedom”
Happy 99th birthday to this grand old lady, my Tante Willy, one of the few remaining survivors of Dachau and Ravensbruk concentration camps. Tough and determined, she remains sharp and engaged. Gefeliciteered!
The Youtube interview here is in Dutch and someday maybe we'll have a translation to English. I can understand most of it as she speaks very clearly and properly, and while she holds her head up, she begins to show visible emotions in talking about the ride in a cattle car to Ravensbruk and how the prisoners fought like animals in a park for the pieces of bread the new arrivals threw over the fence to starving women.
How do we pass on the message about intolerance to the anti-immigration and people with racist leanings today? Not sure anyone knows the answer.
http://youtu.be/_M1YevWdBGk
Congratulations to her - have you had it translated? I know someone
online who could do that if you wished.

How to deal with intolerance ? Aaah if we only knew the answer to
that what a different place it would be.