Two more sleeps!
2017-08-09 18:55:13 UTC
My desk is completely clear and my file cabinet is empty. Today I spent most of the day sorting and then burning to disc all of my project folders, with a printed index, that I handed to a colleague who will be working here for another 15 years or so. The key is to provide an easy index system, otherwise it's just a pile of data.

I'm taking a copy home too as I expect to be called in on a casual basis to help with some mentoring and so on.

Tomorrow I'll bring in a couple dozen fresh bagels and some cream cheese.

Friday I'll bugger off early for once.

It's such a goddamn great feeling!

Heather sent me a link to the Doors: Break on Through (to the other side). It's been my earworm all day.

I'll report in again.

Cheers!

John
l***@fl.it
2017-08-09 20:36:23 UTC
My desk is completely clear and my file cabinet is empty. Today I spent most of the day sorting and then burning to disc all of my project folders, with a printed index, that I handed to a colleague who will be working here for another 15 years or so. The key is to provide an easy index system, otherwise it's just a pile of data.
I'm taking a copy home too as I expect to be called in on a casual basis to help with some mentoring and so on.
Tomorrow I'll bring in a couple dozen fresh bagels and some cream cheese.
Friday I'll bugger off early for once.
It's such a goddamn great feeling!
Heather sent me a link to the Doors: Break on Through (to the other side). It's been my earworm all day.
I'll report in again.
Cheers!
John
I thought you were all through tomorrow? Couldn't they bear to part
with you??
jvangurp
2017-08-09 22:30:42 UTC
[...]
Nope - Friday... getting there!