Another fun fact!
2017-12-29 19:05:08 UTC
Today (29 Dec 2017) has 8 hours, 51 minutes, and 59 seconds of
daylight, 35 seconds more than yesterday.
2017-12-31 02:43:42 UTC
The days sure seem short though... with that dark nightfall so damn early. Ugh... I must admit that being retired puts a different slant on things. I'm out in the daylight every day now, with frequent walks in Point Pleasant Park and so on no matter how cold it is.
l***@fl.it
2017-12-31 11:59:10 UTC
What do you do now to replace all the counting down??
MYOB@home.com
ROTFL. Days to spring? Days to the Olynpics? Always some fun thing to count down to with anticipation. Retirement is a blast.
HRM Resident
2017-12-31 15:28:57 UTC
Post by jvangurp
Post by HRM Resident
Today (29 Dec 2017) has 8 hours, 51 minutes, and 59 seconds of
daylight, 35 seconds more than yesterday.
The days sure seem short though... with that dark nightfall so damn early. Ugh... I must admit that being retired puts a different slant on things. I'm out in the daylight every day now, with frequent walks in Point Pleasant Park and so on no matter how cold it is.
What do you do now to replace all the counting down??
ROTFL. Days to spring? Days to the Olynpics? Always some fun thing to count down to with anticipation. Retirement is a blast.
Well, today has 8 hours, 53 minutes, and 24 seconds of daylight,
44 seconds more than yesterday . . . so the days are getting longer and
J-V-G (and everyone else) has 44 more seconds to do whatever they want!
2017-12-31 15:38:06 UTC
On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:28:57 -0400, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by jvangurp
Post by HRM Resident
Today (29 Dec 2017) has 8 hours, 51 minutes, and 59 seconds of
daylight, 35 seconds more than yesterday.
The days sure seem short though... with that dark nightfall so damn early. Ugh... I must admit that being retired puts a different slant on things. I'm out in the daylight every day now, with frequent walks in Point Pleasant Park and so on no matter how cold it is.
What do you do now to replace all the counting down??
ROTFL. Days to spring? Days to the Olynpics? Always some fun thing to count down to with anticipation. Retirement is a blast.
Well, today has 8 hours, 53 minutes, and 24 seconds of daylight,
44 seconds more than yesterday . . . so the days are getting longer and
J-V-G (and everyone else) has 44 more seconds to do whatever they want!
I thought I saw an increase in daylight today, it was sort of light
when I woke. Then I realised I had slept later :(
jvangurp
2018-01-02 03:11:34 UTC
Post by jvangurp
Post by HRM Resident
Today (29 Dec 2017) has 8 hours, 51 minutes, and 59 seconds of
daylight, 35 seconds more than yesterday.
The days sure seem short though... with that dark nightfall so damn early. Ugh... I must admit that being retired puts a different slant on things. I'm out in the daylight every day now, with frequent walks in Point Pleasant Park and so on no matter how cold it is.
What do you do now to replace all the counting down??
I can honestly say that my whole mindset has changed and I feel different from the instant I get up until I fall into my now typical deep sleep. Back when I was working it was just non-stop stress, not so much from the work, as nothing was new or surprising to me anymore, but maybe just the idea of being around people all day long and feeling accountable and responsible for so much that was outside of my control. So I really don't have anything to count anymore, nor do I feel the need to do so.

Let me think though... OK here's one. I'm counting the days until we leave for Cuba (9 days as of today), and toward our trip to Holland in May. Haha, how's that?

I'm also looking forward to the end of my little contract with the feds. It's a lawsuit so I can't just drop out, but it will either end in dismissal in the spring or go to trial possibly many months later. In any event I'll be glad when it's over and done with, and that will be my last interaction with that old position of mine.

Happy new year!