Smoke breakdown: How will legal marijuana impact Canadian workplaces?
2017-12-15 13:30:19 UTC
<http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2017/12/14/companies-fret-about-hazy-rules-around-pot-use.html>

Seems to me the Nervous Nellies are out in force! Anyone with any
common sense knows smoking weed is roughly comparable to drinking
alcohol. Even the government is going to sell it in liquor stores and
the age is the same as booze.

So . . . why are a load of people in NS all of a sudden going to
show up for work impaired? You can't drink on the job without getting
caught, and you won't be able to smoke dope on the job without getting
caught either.

As regards to this stuff about the brain developing until age 25, I
believe that to be true. I also believe if a person smokes dope on a
regular basis from age 17-18 to age 25, it will stunt their learning
process . . . that's a serious Nervous Nellie concern that's real . . .
except they never say what would happen to a person who drank daily from
age 17-18 to age 25. I don't think there's be much difference. No one
under 25 ought to take mind altering drugs, be they alcohol or cannabis
based.

The hypocrisy of this crap is that the Nervous Nellies (like that
silly Jeff Sessions) likely knock off a quart of Jim Beam whilst
drafting anti-marijuana laws. Think about it. Most of the anti-weed
politicians are alcoholics . . .
2017-12-15 14:33:24 UTC
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:30:19 -0400, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
My concern is the developing brain damage, fewer kids may become smart
adults and although government says it is to kill criminal
distribution we'd be crazy if we didn't know perfectly well it's to
put more tax dollars in revenue :(

I also hope they come up with something simple like the breathalyzer
to use on drivers. Drivers today are impossible but they'd be even
worse stoned!
HRM Resident
2017-12-16 12:29:34 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
Let's be clear . . . both of us are too old to be drinking or
smoking weed, so this is a discussion based on what we read, have
observed over our lives, etc. I, at least (and I highly suspect you),
are not advocating pot use for ourselves.

That said, I seriously believe if a kid drinks daily from 17-18 to
age 25, they will end up just as stupid as if they smoked weed during
the same period. My point was that alcohol is as bad (or worse) for
brain development as weed . . . yet alcohol is legal and readily
available (and its use is encouraged) prior to age 25.

Of course it's going to generate revenue . . . that's a good thing.
I have no clue how much, but if it exceeds the cost of distribution
and enforcement, it's a win for tax payers. The Nervous Nellies will
have a fit and wail and gnash their teeth, but at the end of the day, it
won't make any difference . . . Canada isn't going to become a nation of
stupefied potheads.

The driving is a concern, but my understanding is that they've
pretty much perfected saliva testers that are analogous to
breathalysers. These are all red herring arguments thrown out by the
1950s thinking Nervous Nellies who want to impose their views on
everyone. Fuck'em! I don't drink and I don't smoke pot, but I damn
well want the right to do so if I change my mind. Jeff Sessions and his
ilk can drink themselves into a stupor every night if they want . . . I
don't tell the old drunks how to live, and I don't want them to tell me
how to live.
2017-12-16 13:34:14 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
Now come on HRM, tell us how you really feel!! Actually I am familiar
with pot, used to have the odd smoke and we found it did help with all
Davids pain, so being Scottish and not liking the price, I started
growing it big time for him. I haven't had a smoke in about 20 years
it's true, but I am familiar with the stuff :)
Punk
2017-12-20 03:58:31 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
Kids are always going to experiment. That's their nature. Try as you might
friends will eventually gain their influence. The best one can hope for is for
some of the parenting to stick.

I don't have any problem with government raising tax dollars out of the policy.
As long as they are wise enough to keep to their promise and to wipe out the
black market. Pricing will be the key component there. And don't be afraid to
tweak things as they go.
Post by l***@fl.it
I also hope they come up with something simple like the breathalyzer
to use on drivers. Drivers today are impossible but they'd be even
worse stoned!
If not a breathalizer a sure method to detect impairment.
Nobody want's to share the road with anyone impaired in any way.

Punk

Jack
easy answer: booze is EASY to detect, pot quite difficult...
Jack
2017-12-16 12:15:17 UTC
Post by Jack
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
That is why you come so hard when we has gay sex, bro!!! You knows pot
makes us both horney!!!!! Just like our frends in the Grey Old Perverts
(GOP)club here in Florida???????????.. lol

---

Gay cannibis users are my tremendos friends if they vote for Roy Moore.
- Pres. Trump