Make James speak!
HRM Resident
2024-04-05 19:04:45 UTC
James tells me he won't post because, in his words, "I only
speak when asked or poked." So I gotta try! :-) :-)

I was pondering the statistical likelihood of spontaneous
silence in a universe governed by chaos theory. How do you quantify
the odds of an opinionated atheist suddenly adopting monk-like
silence?
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
James - speak - save us from HRM !!!!!!!
James Warren
2024-04-05 22:31:11 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
James tells me he won't post because, in his words, "I only
speak when asked or poked." So I gotta try! :-) :-)
I was pondering the statistical likelihood of spontaneous
silence in a universe governed by chaos theory. How do you quantify
the odds of an opinionated atheist suddenly adopting monk-like
silence?
James - speak - save us from HRM !!!!!!!
I have always been a man of few words and zero words is the minimum.

HRM misses me! Aw shucks! :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-06 17:17:51 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
I was pondering the statistical likelihood of spontaneous
silence in a universe governed by chaos theory. How do you quantify
the odds of an opinionated atheist suddenly adopting monk-like
silence?
I have always been a man of few words and zero words is the minimum.
Isn't minus 1 less than zero? Minus anything, for that matter.
Post by James Warren
HRM misses me! Aw shucks! :)
Naw . . . we see each other IRL at least once a week. I was looking
for an answer to my queries: "I was pondering the statistical likelihood
of spontaneous silence in a universe governed by chaos theory. How do
you quantify the odds of an opinionated atheist suddenly adopting
monk-like silence?"

They are right up your alley (stats and cosmology.) You like the
idea of things (particles, specs, DM/DE, etc.) all coming and going,
following no discernible pattern. Maybe I found a flaw in your
thinking. Or not.
HRM Resident
James Warren
Or not!
HRM Resident
2024-04-07 14:55:28 UTC
Post by James Warren
-1 words??
Yeah. Use a number line. Who says '0' has to be where it is? My
number line goes from -infinity to +infinity, and crosses what you might
call '0' at -98,103,284,509,238,485. Apply that as an offset to all your
calculations. Cooking results is, after all, your forte. :-)
Post by James Warren
Or not!
So that simple 2-sentence set of queries set you back on your heels?
Ha ha! I won. Meanwhile, if you care to try, here's the challenge:
"I was pondering the statistical likelihood of spontaneous silence in a
universe governed by chaos theory. How do you quantify the odds of an
opinionated atheist suddenly adopting monk-like silence?"

Either way, I made you speak!
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-07 15:53:50 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
-1 words??
Yeah. Use a number line. Who says '0' has to be where it is? My
number line goes from -infinity to +infinity, and crosses what you might
call '0' at -98,103,284,509,238,485. Apply that as an offset to all your
calculations. Cooking results is, after all, your forte. :-)
Can K have -1 apples please?
Winner, winner. Chicken dinner. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-07 16:16:29 UTC
Post by James Warren
Can K have -1 apples please?
Let's say K initially has 1 apple. If K then loses 2 apples,
they would end up with -1 apples (-1 = 1 - 2). This demonstrates
that in a scenario where K starts with a certain number of apples
and then loses more apples than they had, K can indeed have -1
apples.

Can you have -1 marbles? :-)
Post by James Warren
Winner, winner. Chicken dinner. :)
Beaten by logic.
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-07 16:29:01 UTC
Post by James Warren
Winner, winner. Chicken dinner. :)
Beaten by logic.
Beaten by something that has the superficial appearance of logic. :)
It works only in an Alica-in-Wondrland world. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-07 19:30:29 UTC
Post by James Warren
Beaten by something that has the superficial appearance of logic. :)
It works only in an Alica-in-Wondrland world. :)
Diving down the rabbit hole of debate can lead to unexpected
outcomes, can't it? Don't worry. The Cheshire Cat assures me that
those wounds heal faster with a dash of acknowledgment and a sprinkle
of wit. :-)

If this is Wonderland, then consider your logic the Queen of
Hearts, and it seems 'Off with their heads!' didn't quite work this
time. Maybe a little time in the royal gardens will help you lick
those wounds? :-) :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
Worth a try. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-08 00:13:36 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
If this is Wonderland, then consider your logic the
Queen of Hearts, and it seems 'Off with their heads!'
didn't quite work this time. Maybe a little time in the
royal gardens will help you lick those wounds? :-) :-)
Worth a try. :)
"Worth a try," you say, but in engineering and science,
that's not how we approach problems. We don't just throw
ideas at the wall to see what sticks. We carefully analyze
and test our hypotheses based on solid principles and data.

Imagine if we applied the 'worth a try' method to building
bridges or designing medical equipment. We'd be relying
on luck rather than expertise, which could lead to disastrous
results.

So, while 'worth a try' might work for choosing a lunch
spot, when it comes to scientific and engineering challenges,
we need more than a casual gamble — we need precision,
planning, and a thorough understanding of the potential
outcomes
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-08 02:18:09 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
[...]
Hey, that makes sense. Did you find some smart pills somewhere? Don't
run out. Go get some more!
HRM Resident
2024-04-08 15:34:10 UTC
Post by James Warren
Hey, that makes sense. Did you find some smart pills
somewhere? Don't run out. Go get some more!
Close. I stopped taking those stupid pills you were
sharing with us in 2023 and earlier this year. They really
work! It took about 3 days for them to wear off.

Remember, sense and intelligence is relative. Whilst
cross-eyed dimwits and bull goose loonies look up to
me, they likely look down on you. :-)
HRM Residen
James Warren
That would be true in an upside down world. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-08 19:57:50 UTC
Post by James Warren
That would be true in an upside down world. :)
So what are you saying? Cross-eyed dimwits and bull goose
loonies look up to you, or down on you? Or do they treat you as a
equal? :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
I treat everyone equally, even you! :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-09 13:13:59 UTC
Post by James Warren
I treat everyone equally, even you! :)
Really? Yikes. Which meathead was more equal to you?
The mother beater or the gay basher? I didn’t care for either,
but the gay basher claimed he was armed to the teeth with
restricted weapons. I don’t treat people who dump on the
gay community and claim to have a houseful of hand guns
as my equal. But you just said you do (meatheads are
covered by “everyone”.) :-)

Then again, some creepy old pervert given a *little*
authority decides to use beating up elderly women as an
analogy for his pleasure at work. Tough call as to which one
to invite to dinner! :-) Which one did you pick? :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
I didn't say everyone was equal. I said I treat everyone equally.
HRM Resident
2024-04-09 17:37:31 UTC
Post by James Warren
I didn't say everyone was equal. I said I treat everyone equally.
I see. So the gay-bashing, gun-toting, meathead is not equal to, say
LB (clearly not, don't argue that point!) But if either showed up at
your door for a visit, you would treat them equally? That I would
PAY to see! :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-09 18:25:07 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
I didn't say everyone was equal. I said I treat everyone equally.
I see. So the gay-bashing, gun-toting, meathead is not equal to, say
LB (clearly not, don't argue that point!) But if either showed up at
your door for a visit, you would treat them equally? That I would
PAY to see! :-)
It would depend on why they were at my door. If to chat, OK. If to
harass or intimidate then not-OK, call 911. On USENET I'll chat with
anyone, and I did. I did not express the hate you did but debated them
as I would anyone.
HRM Resident
2024-04-09 19:52:28 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
I didn't say everyone was equal. I said I treat everyone equally.
I see. So the gay-bashing, gun-toting, meathead is not equal to, say
LB (clearly not, don't argue that point!) But if either showed up at
your door for a visit, you would treat them equally? That I would
PAY to see! :-)
If to chat, OK. If to harass or intimidate then not-OK, call
911.
Bullshit. If that nut from Moncton showed up with his
Glock or assault rifle and wanted you to go target shooting
with him, you’d react the same way as if LB showed up with
a birthday cake?
I did not express the hate you did but
Please find an archived post from any Internet source
where I used the word hate directed at anyone. You might
find a reference to where I opined that someone did
something repulsive, but it will be at the action, not the
person.
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-09 21:05:13 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
I didn't say everyone was equal. I said I treat everyone equally.
I see. So the gay-bashing, gun-toting, meathead is not equal to, say
LB (clearly not, don't argue that point!) But if either showed up at
your door for a visit, you would treat them equally? That I would
PAY to see! :-)
If to chat, OK. If to harass or intimidate then not-OK, call
911.
Bullshit. If that nut from Moncton showed up with his
Glock or assault rifle and wanted you to go target shooting
with him, you’d react the same way as if LB showed up with
a birthday cake?
That would be intimidation.
The last few posts show hatred towards the meatheads.
l***@florence.it
And LB prefers not to be used in the same sentence as MeatHead :(
HRM Resident
2024-04-10 00:28:17 UTC
Post by James Warren
The last few posts show hatred towards the meatheads.
Fraid not. Posts suggest I found what they bragged about
doing disgusting and repulsive. They say nothing about my
emotions towards the meatheads.

But what intrigues me the most is your ability to read
minds. It really amazes me that you know what I am
thinking. I am thinking about some advice I have for you.
Just for fun, read my mind and tell me what you get! :-) :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-10 00:38:48 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
The last few posts show hatred towards the meatheads.
Fraid not. Posts suggest I found what they bragged about
doing disgusting and repulsive. They say nothing about my
emotions towards the meatheads.
But what intrigues me the most is your ability to read
minds. It really amazes me that you know what I am
thinking. I am thinking about some advice I have for you.
Just for fun, read my mind and tell me what you get! :-) :-)
You're thinking that I'm a genius for having you all figured out. :)

You impute emotions and beliefs to me all the time. And you are wrong
all the time. So there's that. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-10 12:13:07 UTC
Post by James Warren
You're thinking that I'm a genius for having you all figured
out. :)
You impute emotions and beliefs to me all the time. And
you are wrong all the time. So there's that. :)
A nice sidestep, but the topic was you claimed I hate
people {in this case a couple of meatheads), but you can’t
back it up because I never said I hated anyone. Ever. Find
some evidence that I did. You remember how to use the
Internet and search engines, don’t you? Never mind the
vague references to emotions. Tell me how you read minds.
:-) :-)

I guess when some people are cornered, they make stuff
up and claim it’s fact . . . like your MAGA friends do. :-)

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 20,000. What is
it? Come on! Impress everyone with your supernatural
powers. :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-10 12:21:26 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
You're thinking that I'm a genius for having you all figured
out. :)
You impute emotions and beliefs to me all the time. And
you are wrong all the time. So there's that. :)
A nice sidestep, but the topic was you claimed I hate
people {in this case a couple of meatheads), but you can’t
back it up because I never said I hated anyone. Ever. Find
some evidence that I did. You remember how to use the
Internet and search engines, don’t you? Never mind the
vague references to emotions. Tell me how you read minds.
Oh, what a bother that would be! You can express hate without using the
word hate.
Post by HRM Resident
:-) :-)
I guess when some people are cornered, they make stuff
up and claim it’s fact . . . like your MAGA friends do. :-)
I know someone who believes his intuition trumps facts. :)
12345.
HRM Resident
2024-04-10 14:24:43 UTC
Post by James Warren
Oh, what a bother that would be! You can express hate
without using the word hate.
How? With synonyms? You are making a lot of assumptions. :-)
Post by James Warren
I know someone who believes his intuition trumps facts. :)
All of you MAGAs in your echo chambers believe the "facts!"
Post by James Warren
12345.
Try again. Read my mind. :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-10 14:46:15 UTC
Post by James Warren
I know someone who believes his intuition trumps facts. :)
Publicly verifiable facts or "facts"?
My intuition isn't reliable. Yours?
    All of you MAGAs in your echo chambers believe the "facts!"
Post by James Warren
12345.
    Try again.  Read my mind.  :-)
I can't think of any other number. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-10 18:05:25 UTC
Post by James Warren
Publicly verifiable facts or "facts"?
My intuition isn't reliable. Yours?
What are you talking about? What "facts," publicly verifiable or
otherwise, will prove a negative?

As regards to intuition, do you dispute that a meathead said in
2010, "I have used and taught techniques that would make your mother
admit to being a terrorist to make me stop, even if it wasn't true?" I
find that comment repulsive and it shames me a former member of our
great Canadian military would make such a claim in public.

However, whatever I feel about his claim made has no bearing on
how I feel about him. Would you like him if he stopped by for a visit?
Probably, because you Newfies are all related, right? Long, cold, nights
on the rock . . . :-) :-)

Prove I "hate" anyone. You can't! :-) Do you "hate" everyone you
disagree with? I guess that means you hate me. Why do you hate me,
James? Why? :-)
Post by James Warren
I can't think of any other number. :)
Then you can't read minds. LIAR! :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-10 18:43:28 UTC
Post by James Warren
I can't think of any other number. :)
Then you can't read minds. LIAR! :-)
OK. I'm gonna let this "discussion" end here. You clearly have a greater
tolerance for the ridiculous and absurd than I do, and, indeed, relish
it and wallow in it. Such a great talent! I'm in awe. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-10 19:01:05 UTC
Post by James Warren
OK. I'm gonna let this "discussion" end here.
Anyone can cut and run when they realize they are are wrong
This is what you are doing. It takes a real man to defend his
position when they are rapidly losing ground.

That's OK. We both know I am right this time. But, I wish you had
explained why you hate me before you decided to hide under the bed. :-)
Maybe it's because I implied Newfies are all related? Don't blame me.
I've been to NL dozens of times, but I left no offspring! :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-08 00:14:59 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
Beaten by something that has the superficial appearance of logic. :)
It works only in an Alica-in-Wondrland world. :)
Diving down the rabbit hole of debate can lead to unexpected
outcomes, can't it? Don't worry. The Cheshire Cat assures me that
those wounds heal faster with a dash of acknowledgment and a sprinkle
of wit. :-)
If this is Wonderland, then consider your logic the Queen of
Hearts, and it seems 'Off with their heads!' didn't quite work this
time. Maybe a little time in the royal gardens will help you lick
those wounds? :-) :-)
You have a splendid skill of using a great many words to express very
simple ideas. Awesome! I'm impressed! :)