Covid vaccines fall of 2024
Add Reply
HRM Resident
2024-06-06 11:11:16 UTC
I heard on 95.7 talk radio (hosted by a right wing leaning guy)
something about the government discontinuing free Covid vaccines for
seniors this fall. I only got snippets of it because I was working
outside. I can't find anything on the Internet to suggest this is true.

Has anyone else heard this? Maybe it's just the opinion of a
caller. It seems far fetched to me because Covid shots (and all other
vaccines) are proven to reduce the cost of health care.

As I said, I don't think this is true, and likely is part of the
trend of media to jump on their pervasive preoccupation with
highlighting negative news, regardless of its validity.
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-06-06 12:08:56 UTC
On Thu, 06 Jun 2024 08:11:16 -0300, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
I heard on 95.7 talk radio (hosted by a right wing leaning guy)
something about the government discontinuing free Covid vaccines for
seniors this fall. I only got snippets of it because I was working
outside. I can't find anything on the Internet to suggest this is true.
Has anyone else heard this? Maybe it's just the opinion of a
caller. It seems far fetched to me because Covid shots (and all other
vaccines) are proven to reduce the cost of health care.
As I said, I don't think this is true, and likely is part of the
trend of media to jump on their pervasive preoccupation with
highlighting negative news, regardless of its validity.
I heard a couple of days ago the gov would not be supporting Paxlovid
anymore, that it now becomes your money or insurance to cover it.
That's the stuff sometimes given when you actually have Covid. I hope
they wouldn't consider not funding Covid vaccine.
HRM Resident
2024-06-06 13:57:17 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
I heard a couple of days ago the gov would not be
supporting Paxlovid anymore, that it now becomes your
money or insurance to cover it.
That's the stuff sometimes given when you actually have
Covid. I hope they wouldn't consider not funding Covid
vaccine.
That makes a lot more sense. And it is an example of how
some news outlets report negative and sometimes
misleading information. It is well known that vaccines
reduce the cost of healthcare. I can not imagine any stripe
of government doing something to increase the cost.
--
HRM Resident