Restaurants in Halifax?
Cam
2003-09-24 21:28:57 UTC
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the Halifax area. What I'm looking for is suggestions
for good restaurants in Halifax or surrounding areas. My wife and I recently
visited the "Fireside" and were very pleased. Can anyone recommend any
restaurants in this price range with similar quality of food?
Wamboldt
slider
2003-09-25 00:22:48 UTC
Just want to correct the replier that it is Bayers Rd.,and not bairs rood.
Also,it is Look Ho Ho restaurant....a chinese food menu mainly,but it does
have some Canadian food also.
good luck...
I agree....it is good food !
Mike
Somebody had to de-wamboldtify that post, thanks.
Phil
2003-09-25 14:28:17 UTC
The Press Gang is good, but it is extremely expensive.
.........try......".Press Gang."...........corner of Argyle and
Prince....great atmosphere(250 year old ) stone basement..lit with
candles...bowl of Buttercup squash soup..glass of house wine..great
way to kill an hour..........
Phil
Cam
2003-09-27 20:10:59 UTC
Thanks!
g***@canada.com
2003-09-29 11:43:38 UTC
Post by Phil
a great listing of most of the Restaurants in Nova Scotia.
Hope no one mentioned Salty's....got wrecked last night...

focksfire
2003-09-25 15:34:45 UTC
Hi Cam

Welcome to Halifax! If you like Indian food try the Taj Mahal located on
South street. Excellent food......excellent atmosphere . If you've never
had Indian food...give it a try. Also, i'd reccomend Opa....on on the
corner of Argyle and Blowers. Great Greek food! Atmosphere is cozy.

Bill
2003-09-25 18:23:53 UTC
If you like East Indian food, one restaurant to try for certain is:
"Curry Village" at 5677 Brenton Place (Off of Spring Garden Road), excellent food.

They even have a website: http://www.geocities.com/curryvillage

Enjoy!!

Bill.
suggestions