#8!!
James Warren
2024-04-13 20:54:12 UTC
COVID shot number 8 now onboard. I think it will be a semi-annual event.
HRM Resident
2024-04-14 10:09:17 UTC
Post by James Warren
COVID shot number 8 now onboard. I think it will be a semi-annual event.
I am 5 months from shot #7, but after seeing this post
last night, I checked to see. They are saying 6 months,
except 3 months or more for this spring shot. I noted that
there were only about 1/4 the number of pharmacies to
pick from, as in all previous times since 2020. I will book one
for DW and me for the end of the month.

What is going on with Covid? No one in government talks
about it. No one wears masks except bank robbers and my
wife and me. Is the news mentioning it? Is it over? Or is
everyone tired of it and wishing it away? (I don’t think
wishing bad things away works!) We seem to be in an information vacuum.
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-14 10:38:00 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
COVID shot number 8 now onboard. I think it will be a semi-annual event.
I am 5 months from shot #7, but after seeing this post
last night, I checked to see. They are saying 6 months,
except 3 months or more for this spring shot. I noted that
there were only about 1/4 the number of pharmacies to
pick from, as in all previous times since 2020. I will book one
for DW and me for the end of the month.
What is going on with Covid? No one in government talks
about it. No one wears masks except bank robbers and my
wife and me. Is the news mentioning it? Is it over? Or is
everyone tired of it and wishing it away? (I don’t think
wishing bad things away works!) We seem to be in an information vacuum.
Fatigue. I think the number of cases haven't changed. We're just all
tired of it, and, so ignore it. The vaccines are getting better but
uptake is low.
HRM Resident
2024-04-14 11:39:09 UTC
Post by James Warren
Fatigue. I think the number of cases haven't changed.
We're just all tired of it, and, so ignore it. The vaccines
are getting better but uptake is low.
This is the information that the government ought to
tell us. There’s no where I could find the case count,
anything about variants, etc. However, all winter hospitals
doctor’s offices, etc., have imposed masks again. Why?

Fatigue? If that stops people from caring, why not treat
all diseases the same? I am tired of hearing about cancer
and cardiovascular disease. Ignoring them won’t make
them go away, but we can try.

But yeah, I am tired of it. That won’t stop me from
catching it. Oh well, as you opined a year or two ago
about something else, it is now everyone for
themselves when it comes to health, etc. Those of us
us who believe it’s still around will get vaccinated. Those
who don’t will catch it and spread it around. I guess we can’t
lock down the country indefinitely.
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-14 12:04:09 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
[...]
We went into lockdown because we did not know at that time how serious
this pandemic would be. Now we do. We no longer have the same level of
fear because the death count was only about 1 in 300 using US data.
Apparently that is not high enough to cause people to worry about it.
Also, many people know others who had it and survived because it was no
worse than a bad cold, and a bad cold is not worth the bother of masking
everywhere and keeping your distance. Health care facilities though
require masking as they can be overwhelmed with an outbreak. Governments
are fatigued too. They want to get back to business as usual.

My wife follows it closely. Somehow she finds out the case counts. As
you say, these numbers are now well hidden.
l***@florence.it
2024-04-14 13:16:57 UTC
On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 09:04:09 -0300, James Warren
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
[...]
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it. Given I have had the
shots as they became available I feel the rest is chance, if I die of
it, it was meant to be so I don't mask unless I am with someone who is
vulnerable.
HRM Resident
2024-04-14 14:53:21 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
HRM Resident
Gurpster
2024-04-14 20:40:17 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
How are people hearing about when to get the next shot?

John
James Warren
My wife tells me. :) I don't know how she knows.
l***@florence.it
2024-04-14 21:42:07 UTC
On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:40:17 -0300, Gurpster
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
How are people hearing about when to get the next shot?
John
I saw a sign in the Pharmacy in Sobeys, just said 'Did you get your
spring Covid shot?'
Booklady
2024-04-15 18:17:19 UTC
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
How are people hearing about when to get the next shot?
John
I saw a sign in the Pharmacy in Sobeys, just said 'Did you get your
spring Covid shot?'
I saw a "tweet" about it. Not sure if I'll get it or just wait for the
fall and get the flu and Covid shots like we did last year
HRM Resident
2024-04-14 22:33:16 UTC
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
How are people hearing about when to get the next shot?
John
The post James made here was my first inkling. I talked
to a news junkie this AM. He watches the news every hour!
Local, National and International. He said there was no mention of it
anywhere. And, it has been available for a
month.
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-15 00:08:41 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I'm a vaxxer, in that I can see the sense in vaccinations, my next
Covid one will be due in May and I will get it.
DW wife and I are booked for 27 April, which is 4 months and 19 days
since the previous one. One thing that jumped put at me was that the
number of places you can get one has drastically been reduced. Most
are on weekends or evenings. I guess the uptake is very low, so there’s
no need to have most pharmacies doing it like they were in 2020-2023.
How are people hearing about when to get the next shot?
John
The post James made here was my first inkling. I talked
to a news junkie this AM. He watches the news every hour!
Local, National and International. He said there was no mention of it
anywhere. And, it has been available for a
month.
I tried to book a shot two weeks ago but I did not qualify. I was not
told why. I tried again on Friday and got a booking the next day. The
location I was booked at was not available yesterday when my wife tried
to book. It looks a little erratic to me.
HRM Resident
2024-04-15 21:00:43 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
[...]
My wife and I both got an email from NS Health saying
“Our records indicate that you may be due for your next COVID-19 vaccine”
in the last hour.

Thanks to James’ post, we're already registered, but I
have never received emails before. They must have barrels
of the stuff and few takers. Why are people giving up?
What if everyone on the Allied side in 1944 said, “I am
tired of this. Let Hitler have all of Europe?”

I hope there’s a fall one. There likely will be, as the
winter is when these waves peak. However, I would
gladly take one a month if it stopped the damn stuff.
The idea that it’s like a cold might apply to 20-40-year-old
people with no underlying health issues. But those of us
who are over 65-70 and people with things like diabetes,
etc., are at risk. Long Covid doesn’t sound great, either.
HRM Resident
Gurpster
2024-04-16 10:42:05 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
Post by Gurpster
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
[...]
This is the sort of coordinated approach I was expecting.
Post by HRM Resident
Thanks to James’ post, we're already registered, but I
have never received emails before. They must have barrels
of the stuff and few takers. Why are people giving up?
What if everyone on the Allied side in 1944 said, “I am
tired of this. Let Hitler have all of Europe?”
I hope there’s a fall one. There likely will be, as the
winter is when these waves peak. However, I would
gladly take one a month if it stopped the damn stuff.
The idea that it’s like a cold might apply to 20-40-year-old
people with no underlying health issues. But those of us
who are over 65-70 and people with things like diabetes,
etc., are at risk. Long Covid doesn’t sound great, either.
I'll take every shot available too. We haven't had covid at all yet, and
I would like to keep it that way.

John
HRM Resident
2024-04-27 15:14:49 UTC
Post by Gurpster
I'll take every shot available too. We haven't had covid at all yet, and
I would like to keep it that way.
John
We just got #8 a half hour ago. I asked the injector (a
LPN) asked if the uptake was dropping off, and she said it was.

I asked her for two, but she said she couldn’t do that.
I begged, told her she was the cutest nurse I had ever
seen, etc. No amount of ass-kissing or sucking up
worked. :-)
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-04-27 15:33:19 UTC
On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 15:14:49 -0000 (UTC), HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by Gurpster
I'll take every shot available too. We haven't had covid at all yet, and
I would like to keep it that way.
John
We just got #8 a half hour ago. I asked the injector (a
LPN) asked if the uptake was dropping off, and she said it was.
I asked her for two, but she said she couldn’t do that.
I begged, told her she was the cutest nurse I had ever
seen, etc. No amount of ass-kissing or sucking up
worked. :-)
She probably told her co-workers 'I had the whackiest old man here
this a.m. for his covid shot' :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-27 19:11:12 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
She probably told her co-workers 'I had the whackiest
old man here this a.m. for his covid shot' :)
No doubt. I suspect the term creep or weirdo would be
added. :-) She was at least half my age. I told her a little
white lie. She was about 325-350 pounds and not very
attractive, but she was good with the needle. Never felt
it.

I wonder what would happen if you got 2 shots at the
same time. It likely wouldn’t change how well it works,
but might amplify any side effects. I have always believed
in the theory that if one is good, two must be better. :-)
Maybe not in this case.
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-04-27 20:40:35 UTC
On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:11:12 -0000 (UTC), HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
She probably told her co-workers 'I had the whackiest
old man here this a.m. for his covid shot' :)
No doubt. I suspect the term creep or weirdo would be
added. :-) She was at least half my age. I told her a little
white lie. She was about 325-350 pounds and not very
attractive, but she was good with the needle. Never felt
it.
This last shot was great that way, I hate it when they put the needle
in as if they are throwing a dart, always seems to hurt at the time
and also afterwards. This last shot, I forgot I had it except if I
rolled over on that arm in the night, I got a gentle reminder :)
Post by HRM Resident
I wonder what would happen if you got 2 shots at the
same time. It likely wouldn’t change how well it works,
but might amplify any side effects. I have always believed
in the theory that if one is good, two must be better. :-)
Maybe not in this case.
I think leave that up to the person better placed to know. I assume
if more was better there would simply be more per shot.
HRM Resident
2024-04-27 23:44:37 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
This last shot was great that way, I hate it when they put
the needle in as if they are throwing a dart, always seems
to hurt at the time and also afterwards. This last shot, I
forgot I had it except if I rolled over on that arm in the
night, I got a gentle reminder :)
Same here. It’ll be a little sore overnight and tomorrow,
but not a lot. I do find the Covid shots a little worse in
that respect than the flu shot. Not much, though.
Post by l***@florence.it
I think leave that up to the person better placed to know.
I assume if more was better there would simply be more
per shot.
You are 100% correct. The research was done by experts
and we have to assume they optimized the dosage. I did ask
her for a second one (acting silly) but I was laughing when I
did. And she wasn’t fat or unattractive. Being silly and
such is what I do when it’s not an important issue. James
will verify that!
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-04-28 00:07:41 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
I think leave that up to the person better placed to know.
I assume if more was better there would simply be more
per shot.
You are 100% correct. The research was done by experts
and we have to assume they optimized the dosage. I did ask
her for a second one (acting silly) but I was laughing when I
did. And she wasn’t fat or unattractive. Being silly and
such is what I do when it’s not an important issue. James
will verify that!
You know, some of them had to take so much hassle during Covid with
having to ask questions etc that I am very careful. At one hospital,
waiting to have blood taken, this man with a scarf (down round his
neck) was so nasty when the nurse told him it must be up over his nose
and nobody stood up for her when he was abusive, that finally I stood
up and told him to sit down and shut the fuck up and stop harassing
somebody who was just doing what she had to do in her job. He did he
was so surprised. When she called my number and I went out the back I
received a standing ovation, it was embarassing to say the least.

Another time I went for a scan and the girl was apologising for asking
all the usual questions and I said "I know you have to ask these pesky
questions and I have to answer, let's get them over then we can have
fun' - which we did. As I was getting off the table when I was
finished I remarked to her, 'hope I get you next time' - she asked me
what I meant and I told her another doc had ordered another one. She
said 'Stay on the table while I see if I can find the order' - she did
and did the scan then, saving me another trip down town and all it
involved. So being nice pays too sometimes!
HRM Resident
2024-04-28 10:05:31 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
You know, some of them had to take so much hassle
during Covid with having to ask questions etc that I am
very careful. At one hospital, waiting to have blood taken,
this man with a scarf (down round his neck) was so nasty
when the nurse told him it must be up over his nose
and nobody stood up for her when he was abusive, that
finally I stood up and told him to sit down and shut the
fuck up and stop harassing somebody who was just doing
what she had to do in her job. He did he was so surprised.
When she called my number and I went out the back I
received a standing ovation, it was embarassing to say
the least.
I read the above to my wife last evening, and she pumped
her fist and said, “Good for her! We need more people like
that.” We are so sick of this “freedom” excuse ignorant
idiots use not to follow the rules. It’s time someone pushed
back like you did and put them in their place.
HRM Resident
James Warren
I do so verify!
HRM Resident
2024-04-28 11:27:56 UTC
Post by James Warren
I do so verify!
Thanks, Pal. I appreciate your support. :-) Have the
effects of eating all those bad peanuts worn off yet?

You may be on to something. A friend of mine made some
tea out of magic mushrooms he collected in a field growing
out of a pile of a pile of cow shit. Then he decided to drive to
a tavern and drink beer. He didn’t make it. Had to pull off
the road and wait for a few hours. He said the dash and
doors looked like they were melting and he thought he was
flying a plane. This around 1975.

Do the peanuts have the same effect? :-) :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-28 11:43:08 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
I do so verify!
Thanks, Pal. I appreciate your support. :-) Have the
effects of eating all those bad peanuts worn off yet?
You may be on to something. A friend of mine made some
tea out of magic mushrooms he collected in a field growing
out of a pile of a pile of cow shit. Then he decided to drive to
a tavern and drink beer. He didn’t make it. Had to pull off
the road and wait for a few hours. He said the dash and
doors looked like they were melting and he thought he was
flying a plane. This around 1975.
Do the peanuts have the same effect? :-) :-)
No. I have a hyperacte perception of reality. All illusions and
delusions cease. I see the universe as pointless. Any meaning is of our
own making which itself is determined and pointless. The universe is
totally indifferent and did I mention, pointless. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-28 12:48:23 UTC
Post by James Warren
Have the effects of eating all those bad peanuts worn off yet?
No.
OK. wait another day and don't eat any more. :-)
Post by James Warren
I have a hyperacte perception of reality.
Hmmm. This kind of statement suggests to me it might be related
to conditions like sensory processing disorder, where the brain has
trouble managing incoming sensory information. I suppose it might
also be used metaphorically to express an intense or overwhelming
experience of life and events. Better check with someone who knows
you IRL. :-) You seem normal to me, and that is scary! :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-28 14:15:49 UTC
Post by James Warren
I have a hyperacte perception of reality.
Hmmm. This kind of statement suggests to me it might be related
to conditions like sensory processing disorder, where the brain has
trouble managing incoming sensory information. I suppose it might
also be used metaphorically to express an intense or overwhelming
experience of life and events. Better check with someone who knows
you IRL. :-) You seem normal to me, and that is scary! :-)
I know I am scary to you. Given your clouded perception of reality, that
is only yo be expected. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-28 17:06:24 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
you IRL. :-) You seem normal to me, and that is scary! :-)
I know I am scary to you. Given your clouded perception of reality,
that is only yo be expected. :)
Nope, not scary. Read my sentence above. I said " You seem
normal to me, and that is scary!"

One ought to be scared they are losing their mind when they find
kooks normal! So I am scared for my sanity, not of you. You are
twisting my words into a different meaning. Something I *never* do.
:-) :-) :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
Of course! I am wiser now! :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-29 00:08:32 UTC
Post by James Warren
Of course! I am wiser now! :)
I suppose all those years have made you an expert on
TikTok dances, right? :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-04-29 02:13:18 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
Of course! I am wiser now! :)
I suppose all those years have made you an expert on
TikTok dances, right? :-)
Let me guess. You know something I don't about TikTok and dancing. You
dance pretty good in here. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-29 13:22:09 UTC
Post by James Warren
Let me guess. You know something I don't about TikTok
and dancing. You dance pretty good in here. :)
No, I don’t want to go to a dance with you. I think TicTok
is some kind of Chinese social media thing. I don’t want to
chat with you on that, either. :-)

What I am trying to do is keep the conversation on track.
We started off discussing Covid shots, and somehow you
managed to get us onto magic mushrooms and social media
dancing. :-) :-)

Please start a new thread or offer an opinion on the
efficacy of mRNA versus traditional attenuated virus
vaccines. My word, you are the king of thread drift. :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
My apologies for that. :)
HRM Resident
2024-04-29 20:21:43 UTC
Post by James Warren
snip<
Post by HRM Resident
My word, you are the king of thread drift. :-)
My apologies for that. :)
You are forgiven, my son. Bless you. Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance. :-)
HRM Resident
James Warren
2024-05-02 15:17:28 UTC
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
snip<
Post by HRM Resident
My word, you are the king of thread drift. :-)
My apologies for that. :)
You are forgiven, my son. Bless you. Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance. :-)
My wife had shot #8 yesterday. She is having a bad reaction, been up all
night and is taking it easy today. I hardly noticed anything at all. How
different physiologies can be. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna. It
shouldn't make much difference. She has always had reactions to vaccines
and I never do.
axemen99
2024-05-02 18:03:50 UTC
Post by James Warren
My word, you are the king of thread drift.  :-)
My apologies for that. :)
     You are forgiven, my son.  Bless you.  Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance.  :-)
My wife had shot #8 yesterday. She is having a bad reaction, been up all
night and is taking it easy today. I hardly noticed anything at all. How
different physiologies can be. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna. It
shouldn't make much difference. She has always had reactions to vaccines
and I never do.
They are NOT the same.
Moderna is 10x stronger than Pfizer to create anti-bodies.
She should take Pfizer instead.
James Warren
2024-05-02 18:15:53 UTC
Post by James Warren
My word, you are the king of thread drift.  :-)
My apologies for that. :)
     You are forgiven, my son.  Bless you.  Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance.  :-)
My wife had shot #8 yesterday. She is having a bad reaction, been up
all night and is taking it easy today. I hardly noticed anything at
all. How different physiologies can be. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna.
It shouldn't make much difference. She has always had reactions to
vaccines and I never do.
They are NOT the same.
Moderna is 10x stronger than Pfizer to create anti-bodies.
She should take Pfizer instead.
Maybe that's it. She said she never had a bad reaction to Pfizer but
always did to Moderna. Nevertheless, she prefers Moderna whenever she
has a choice.
Booklady
2024-05-02 23:17:36 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by James Warren
My word, you are the king of thread drift.  :-)
My apologies for that. :)
     You are forgiven, my son.  Bless you.  Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance.  :-)
My wife had shot #8 yesterday. She is having a bad reaction, been up
all night and is taking it easy today. I hardly noticed anything at
all. How different physiologies can be. I had Pfizer, she had
Moderna. It shouldn't make much difference. She has always had
reactions to vaccines and I never do.
They are NOT the same.
Moderna is 10x stronger than Pfizer to create anti-bodies.
She should take Pfizer instead.
Maybe that's it. She said she never had a bad reaction to Pfizer but
always did to Moderna. Nevertheless, she prefers Moderna whenever she
has a choice.
Odd but, for the first 2 shots and first booster, my son had Moderna and
I had Pfizer. He had no reaction whatsover. I had a slight reaction to
shot 1 and a wicked reaction to shot 2 (nothing since). Initially, my
doctor thought the symptoms were a totally separate condition that just
happened at the same time. He reconsidered after the same thing happened
only worse after shot 2.

l***@florence.it
2024-05-02 22:17:45 UTC
On Thu, 2 May 2024 12:17:28 -0300, James Warren
Post by James Warren
Post by HRM Resident
Post by James Warren
snip<
Post by HRM Resident
My word, you are the king of thread drift. :-)
My apologies for that. :)
You are forgiven, my son. Bless you. Sit in front of your
house for 3 hours wearing sackcloth and ashes as
penance. :-)
My wife had shot #8 yesterday. She is having a bad reaction, been up all
night and is taking it easy today. I hardly noticed anything at all. How
different physiologies can be. I had Pfizer, she had Moderna. It
shouldn't make much difference. She has always had reactions to vaccines
and I never do.
She has my sympathies - I've been lucky so far.