OJ Simpson Dead
Booklady
2024-04-11 17:44:43 UTC
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession. May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
l***@florence.it
2024-04-11 18:47:20 UTC
Post by Booklady
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession. May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
I didn't know til now (was out all day with a friend I rarely see) and
I'm glad. Absolutely hateful man, anybody who thinks he didn't do it
must be an idiot.
Booklady
2024-04-11 21:16:15 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
Post by Booklady
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession. May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
I didn't know til now (was out all day with a friend I rarely see) and
I'm glad. Absolutely hateful man, anybody who thinks he didn't do it
must be an idiot.
I can just imagine that everyone who had anything to do with him back in
the time of the murders will be contacted for an interview in case he
had threatened/ intimidated them while still alive. Kato Kaelin has
already had his say
Gurpster
2024-04-11 19:13:44 UTC
Post by Booklady
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession.  May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
I suspect he ended up enjoying quite a few of the years he had after the
acquittal. People have been saying that now he'll face judgment and will
suffer, which of course is nonsense. He got away with murder and lived
out his days as a free man.

John
HRM Resident
2024-04-11 20:27:12 UTC
He got away with murder and lived out his days as a
free man.
He spent 9 years in jail starting in 2008 for another
crime. Want to buy Marcia Clark’s autograph? I got one!
She was in Ottawa giving a talk to a woman’s group around 1998-1999 and
stayed at the same hotel I was in. I will sell
it for $500. Had she got a conviction, I would never sell it.
HRM Resident
Gurpster
Oh! I didn't know that!
l***@florence.it
2024-04-11 23:32:43 UTC
On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:13:44 -0300, Gurpster
Post by Gurpster
Post by Booklady
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession.  May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
I suspect he ended up enjoying quite a few of the years he had after the
acquittal. People have been saying that now he'll face judgment and will
suffer, which of course is nonsense. He got away with murder and lived
out his days as a free man.
John
I was at the library teaching ESL, so a very mixed audience, when
someone ducked in and announced he was found not guilty, only one
person felt the jury were correct!!
Gurpster
2024-04-13 12:12:16 UTC
Post by Gurpster
Post by Booklady
Will NOT be shedding any tears. My only regret is that there was no
deathbed confession.  May the relatives of Nicole and Ron make a point
of pissing on his grave.
I suspect he ended up enjoying quite a few of the years he had after the
acquittal. People have been saying that now he'll face judgment and will
suffer, which of course is nonsense. He got away with murder and lived
out his days as a free man.
John
I was at the library teaching ESL, so a very mixed audience, when
someone ducked in and announced he was found not guilty, only one
person felt the jury were correct!!
I heard that 'black America' was almost united in seeing him free, and
that for many it was a payback between the races for the Rodney King
incident. An eye for an eye of thing, so even though they believed him
guilty they believed it was fair play.

John
l***@florence.it
2024-04-13 12:36:16 UTC
Post by Gurpster
Post by Booklady
[...]
I certainly felt that played into it, but it was little comfort to
their parents :(
HRM Resident
2024-04-13 13:31:48 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
I certainly felt that played into it, but it was little comfort to
their parents :(
It was a made-in-the-USA circus. Since 1990, the average
murder rate in the States was 18,200 per year. This was a
mess because Lance Ito allowed cameras in the courtroom.
We were saturated with it for weeks/months. While I felt
very sorry for the victims, they were no more special than
the other ~18,000.

Maybe if they outlawed firearms and stopped making
slasher movies, the mentality that things are the same as
they were in 1875 would change. Hell might freeze over,
too.
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-04-13 16:15:40 UTC
On Sat, 13 Apr 2024 13:31:48 -0000 (UTC), HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
I certainly felt that played into it, but it was little comfort to
their parents :(
It was a made-in-the-USA circus. Since 1990, the average
murder rate in the States was 18,200 per year. This was a
mess because Lance Ito allowed cameras in the courtroom.
We were saturated with it for weeks/months. While I felt
very sorry for the victims, they were no more special than
the other ~18,000.
Maybe if they outlawed firearms and stopped making
slasher movies, the mentality that things are the same as
they were in 1875 would change. Hell might freeze over,
too.
They can see the stats as well as anybody else and I have never been
able to understand their stubborness in not having sensible gun laws.
The only thing is, however could they make any now with so many
weapons already out amongst them? I think too, in fairness, we are
catching up with stabbings etc in place of shots :(
HRM Resident
2024-04-13 17:49:36 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
They can see the stats as well as anybody else and I have never been
able to understand their stubborness in not having sensible gun laws.
The only thing is, however could they make any now with so many
weapons already out amongst them?
Attrition. We had many guns in the hands of the general public
in Canada, and there are a lot less now than 50-60 years ago. If the US
government passed gun laws equivalent to Canada, the EU, England, etc.,
they couldn't easily get back the estimated 450 million gins (yes 100
million MORE guns than people.) But they could stop the influx of new
ones.

It might take 50-75 years, but if zero *new* guns were sold to the
general public, eventually the ones in circulation would wear out, be
turned in, whatever. Nothing lasts forever, not even a brand new
assault rifle. Stop selling *new* ones.

Pretty simple in theory. "Ya can keep the ones you have until ya
die, and then they are to be turned in and destroyed. Ya can't leave
them to your kids. Ya can't buy any new ones. Smith & Wesson, Ruger,
Colt, etc., better re-tool their factories for police/military weapons
only because the ain't selling a single one to anyone else"

But since the NRA owns the Republican party, it will never happen.
The real president of the US is the president of the NRA. He also
tells their Congress what to do when it comes to guns.

They call this "freedom."
--
HRM Resident