recycling old paint
l***@florence.it
2024-05-03 12:51:20 UTC
Is it as simple as taking it up to the recycling place at Bayers Lake?
I have some old paint (maybe 20 years old) and at the time I put it in
plastic pots so it was more stackable and tidier on the eye :) Most of
it looks to have dried out, but I don't want to test it. So what can
I do with it, anybody know??
HRM Resident
2024-05-03 12:55:37 UTC
So what can I do with it, anybody know??
Wait for the day they allow one dark green bag and put it in that.
They will take anything in one of those bags. A guy I know even got
rid of a dead dog someone ran over that way.
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-05-03 13:27:36 UTC
On Fri, 3 May 2024 09:55:37 -0300, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
So what can I do with it, anybody know??
Wait for the day they allow one dark green bag and put it in that.
They will take anything in one of those bags. A guy I know even got
rid of a dead dog someone ran over that way.
I live in a condo, no black bags, only clear or blue for recyclables
:( I know, good suggestion, I will see my eldest granddaughter
tomorrow and ask her to take a black bag, she can put it out. Thanks!
HRM Resident
2024-05-03 18:48:10 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
I live in a condo, no black bags, only clear or blue for recyclables
:( I know, good suggestion, I will see my eldest granddaughter
tomorrow and ask her to take a black bag, she can put it out. Thanks!
Yeah. Too many rules these days. Conflicting dimensions of
mismanagement from all levels of government. Once the garbage truck
pulls away, the paint (and whatever else is in the "black bag") is no
longer our problem.

Sometimes you need to find a work-around. The younger generations
can deal with saving the planet, etc. We did our part for decades. The
big polluters (US, China and India) don't care about greenhouse gases or
pumping tons of toxic waste daily into their land fills and the oceans.

Someday soon a nut somewhere will set off a thermonuclear device,
and climate change will not be a concern. I always supported doing
what's good for the environment. It's what I did for a living for 39
years, but there's a limit.
HRM Resident
l***@florence.it
2024-05-03 20:49:01 UTC
On Fri, 03 May 2024 15:48:10 -0300, HRM Resident
Post by HRM Resident
Post by l***@florence.it
[...]
I do recycle perfectly with the common stuff, just got stuck on this
old paint as the web site was not clear when you could take it there
etc and it mentioned it had to be in the paint cans, I poured it into
plastic containers about 20 years ago lol

My granddaughter is going to keep it in her car and toss it in the
dumpster at work on Monday, so I will put it in her car when she picks
me up tomorrow.

Gurpster
2024-05-03 15:01:51 UTC
Post by l***@florence.it
Is it as simple as taking it up to the recycling place at Bayers Lake?
I have some old paint (maybe 20 years old) and at the time I put it in
plastic pots so it was more stackable and tidier on the eye :) Most of
it looks to have dried out, but I don't want to test it. So what can
I do with it, anybody know??
If it's dried and no longer liquid you can just put it in a trash bag
with the regular garbage. If it's still wet it has to go to an Enviro Depot.

John