PC
James Warren
2024-05-01 13:20:02 UTC
"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism,
satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible."
Salman Rushdie.
James Warren
2024-05-01 13:21:36 UTC
Post by James Warren
"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism,
satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible."
Salman Rushdie.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as
your knowledge'" Isaac Asimov (1920-1992)
James Warren
2024-05-01 13:23:40 UTC
Post by James Warren
Post by James Warren
"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism,
satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible."
Salman Rushdie.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as
your knowledge'" Isaac Asimov (1920-1992)
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with.
It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It
may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true.
But our preferences do not determine what's true." Carl Sagan (1934-1996)
James Warren

l***@florence.it
2024-05-01 20:14:26 UTC
He sure paid a high price for his thoughts and convictions.
James Warren
2024-05-01 20:34:45 UTC
Post by James Warren
"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism,
satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible."
Salman Rushdie.
He sure paid a high price for his thoughts and convictions.
He did, and so did many others. That is the price that is often paid for
freedom of thought.